So, how do you come up with recipes that will feed guest lists of 10 to 25? And most of them carnivores?
As we try to figure that out, I thought I would post the "feed a lot of people" menus that were a hit.
We decided to think about meals in terms of flavors. This month at RDFL we served a Mediterranean buffet. Here's what we served:
- Hummus with carrots and celery. I made the Hummus, but you can purchase pre-made.
- Falafels with pitas and tahini dressing. Falafel mix can be purchased at most grocery stores in the ethnic food section. The pitas are key. If you have a middle Eastern store anywhere near you, go there to purchase. They will be fresher and have less preservatives. If you don't have this option, slice flour tortillas into triangles (by cutting into fourths) and bake in the oven until crisp.
- Greek Salad. Rachel Ray's recipe is the best.
- Tabouli I purchased a package mix to speed assembly, but you can find recipes online.
- Raw cookies with coconut, raisins and almonds. I started with Ani Phyo's basic recipe, then winged it. Any vegan cookie will do.
To link to the menu, click here.