To really move toward a more sustainable lifestyle we have to be willing to question our own patterns.
- Why do we live in the place we live? Are those reasons still valid?
- Could someone else be using right now what is lying unused in our closets and garages?
- Has our phase of life changed? Would a reframe of our lifestyle create a better fit?
- Do we think about where the food / services / stuff we purchase comes from?
- Where does the waste we produce go? Could we change that?
- Do we purchase things to influence what others think of us?
- Do we use things as shortcuts to relationship?
Based on your answers are there small changes you could / should make?
For some it will be about making an effort to recycle. For others it will require a closet cleanout. Still others might plan a move to a downsized space. The important part is trajectory...that we are continually moving toward a better goal. We can control the speed of that....whether it is fast or slow.
Just don't be afraid to ask the questions.