I wrote in the original post the way the themes always surprise me in the way that they grow to define a year. This year was no different. Here are some of the "theme inspired" things that happened this year:
- I reduced the excess in my home, my schedule, my self.
- Tried and failed at a spending fast.
- Participated in Project 333.
- Changed my workflow.
- Took the doors off my kitchen cabinets to hold me to keeping it simple.
- Changed our outflow of trash by composting and adjusting how we collect trash in our home.
- Freed up time to work on passion projects.
- Learned some "old skills" like how to make my own cleaning solutions and makeup.
- Discovered that clearing out physical space facilitates clearing emotional space.
- Worked through limiting beliefs to restore the way I see myself. (Note that I suspect this isn't a one-time thing <grin>)
I'm wondering what the theme for 2014 might be. Still thinking about that...