I miss that from my scooter adventure. The ability to see things and smell things that you miss in a car.
This week I started walking to restaurants on my lunch hour. My favorite vegan spot is a mile away. Yes, it takes time to get there, but the weather is lovely. Here is what I experienced that I normally miss:
- A carpet of purple flowers in a grassy space.
- A hidden park under an overpass.
- A dandelion pushing through the sidewalk.
- The smell of bread from a bakery.
- The sunshine on my face.
- A light breeze in my hair.
There was so much beauty to be had simply by making a small change. I wonder what else is out there?