The Short VersionI'm a Texas girl who grew up who grew up to become a freelance writer, new media geek, marketing diva, crayon jedi, blog junkie, minimalist, vegan, yogi and Jesus-follower.
The Long-ish Version
- John and I met in college and have been married for 25 years. We are nothing alike, which keeps things interesting.
- Our son, Chase just graduated from UNT with a degree in communications and Bethany is attending college in San Antonio.
- I grew up on the south side of Fort Worth and went to school in Crowley. On the bus on the way to school each day I used to love seeing the cows in the pens behind Haley's Meat Market. (There were never cows in the afternoon and when I was finally old enough to figure out why it made me sad.)
- My day job is in marketing where I work with a group of fantastic people. I also do freelance writing for a number of print and online publications.
- I've been a vegetarian since 1996 and now live vegan, not just in my food but in clothing and other purchases.
- Most days you will find me with paint, marker, clay, ink or something else that I just couldn't get off my hands. I started doing illustrations for the blog in 2011 as a daily discipline to incorporate more art in to my life.
- I practice yoga daily in some form or another (no I don't look like the girls on the cover of Yoga Journal). I am an RYT 200 through Yoga Alliance and study under Shanon Buffington. I also teach periodically at a studio in my neighborhood.
- I'm working toward adopting a minimalist lifestyle. I would move into a tiny house in a heartbeat but John does not share my passion for this.
- I care about the planet...not in a global sort of way (grin) but in a personal one. How can I change my habits to make a difference?
- I've loved Jesus since I was a little girl. I believe He loves everyone just as they are without caveat. Being open to that love is the very center of my life. It is transformative.